The Minoan mansion of Niros can be found at the location of Almirides, 15km east of Heraklion, in the region of Vathianos Kambos, within the province of Pediada. This nearly square, two-storey villa spans an area of 1000sq.m. and features 40 rooms, all situated by the sea.
Initially excavated in 1918 by Stephanos Xanthoudidis, the mansion yielded four major cult bronze axes. These discoveries, along with the numerous religious objects in various stages of production, suggest that the mansion functioned as a workshop for a Minoan priest who crafted religious artifacts.
At a distance of 700m west of the mansion, in the area of Agii Theodori, archaeologists have uncovered evidence of a small Minoan settlement and a Minoan harbor.
The small palace in Nirou Hani thrived during the 16th century BC and was ultimately destroyed in the 15th century BC. The palace featured two entrances, a paved courtyard, warehouses, workshops, a sanctuary, staircases, and rooms.
Archaeological Site Nirou Chani has received 0 reviews with an average rating of out of 5
© All rights reserved. Crete Locals